Thursday, April 7, 2016

Welcome Monkey!!

I waited all of 6 days... It seemed like forever.

I was coming home from dropping my mom off at the Portland airport, driving over the Megler Bridge. My phone rings, pretend like a professional "This is Kristin", "Hey Kristin, this is (placement coordinator). Any chance you're able to take a little guy, just until we get a home for him and his sibling together?" #%&#*(*$*#@*()!!!!!!! .... KEEP COOL...

Me: "Yea, let's do it! What can you tell me about him." (remembering to ask for as many details as possible).
PC: "Literally nothing, just came in"
Me: Sure I'll still do it. (please don't be a mini ax murderer!)

We went back and forth for a while trying to figure out logistics.

I sped home to have Allyce (my coworker/friend/neighbor) help me get the car seat in.

I then zipped off to pick up my new friend.

He loves numbers. This kid can count. Puts Count Dracula to shame. Loves technology a little too much.

This could be a day or 2 thing, this could turn into a long term thing. We shall see! Either way I'm  having a blast. And so are the dogs. So much for them not getting human food.

4 comments:

  1. Memorable when you get first one. I ended up adopting both of them. They are half brothers. On my 5th adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memorable when you get first one. I ended up adopting both of them. They are half brothers. On my 5th adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read more. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ~ Congrats that was quick!! Have fun!!!! (((())))

    ReplyDelete